Welcome to the 'Passages' Help
How do I download 'Passages'?
1. Please read through all the steps before starting the download process, if
you have questions during the download session - you can easily navigate between
pages by using the 'minimize and maximize' buttons on the top right of each
2. Begin the download when ready, by double-clicking
3. A screen will come up that looks like this:
4. Make sure you select the radio button pictured as above. You
want to 'save this program to disk'. Then press the
5. After you pressed the 'OK' button, you will get another
screen that appears like this:
6. While it will differ in some ways from your own (I am running
an autumn theme for example, that you may not have), it is basically the same.
You need to choose a place to save 'Passages' to, on your computer. Notice on
the very top of this graphic, it has a blue background with the words 'save
as' printed on the top left. Just underneath that are the words 'Save
in:', what I want you to notice is that I have selected 'Desktop'.
I have found this to be the easiest for me. If you wish to do this,
use the little 'down arrow'
graphic to the right of this field, until you find that location.
7. Please notice that highlighted in blue, is the filename 'passages',
and to the right of that is the SAVE button. Once
you have selected where (i.e. desktop), click the SAVE
8. This will begin the download session.
need to remain connected to the internet the entire time that the file is
downloading. You must not cancel the download
process, if you do - you need to start from the beginning. It should not
take that long, 'Passages' is about 878kb, the time will depend on your
computer's processing speed.
9. When it is done, you will find an icon on your desktop that
resembles this one:
Your background may not be the autumn theme I have, but the
main thing is that the icon in the center is the same.
10. To open 'Passages', just double-click
the icon seen above! All the chapters will be readily available for
you to enjoy.